Sometimes the Software Center on the Windows 7 computers takes a long time to load or doesn't load at all
When launching Software Center, if after loading, no applications are present and the message “No items found” is displayed you will need to run “Update Software Center apps” from the desktop. This will force Software Center to retrieve the application list and display it.
To run “Update Software Centre apps”
- Double click on the Software Center to launch it.
- If you receive the error message: “There is a problem showing the current status”, you will need to relaunch the Software Center after a short wait.
- If after loading, the software center displays the message “No items found” you must run “Update Software Center apps”.
- “Update Software Center apps” is a desktop shortcut with the same icon as the Software Center.
- Double click on this to run it.
- A black window will appear whilst the app runs and will go once it has finished.
- After completion, click on the software center screen and press F5 to refresh the page.
- The list of applications should now appear.