Last month we shared our vision of what a replacement for MUSE might be, see the blog post here for a reminder:
Now we can share more information about the new service and how it will work. Some details, including exact names for links and menu items, may change but the principles on how we will all access our online services are as follows.
The replacement for MUSE will be launched in the weeks after exam results are published. We will publicise a more defined window for the launch in our next update in June.
Access to Online IT Services
On its launch the replacement for MUSE will provide access to online IT services as follows:
- It will provide an easy and intuitive way for staff and students to access online services
- Staff, taught students, research students and others will only see the services of interest to them
- A single sign-in will give you access to many IT services, however, in the first few weeks a small number of services may require a second sign in
You can sign in at the top of any standard University web page as follows:
- Click the Log in link
- Type in your username and password and click Sign In
- A new tab will open on your web browser and you will be taken to a staff or student news page.
- A new menu item labelled My Services will appear at the top of your browser window.
- Click the My Services menu to reveal a list of the online IT services available to you.
- Click any IT service to launch it in a new tab.
- The My Services menu will collapse but will remain available as you navigate through the University website.
The initial version of the My Services menu can be seen in the screenshot below.
Staying Signed In
Once you are signed in you can navigate anywhere around the main University website and the My Services menu will continue to be available in the top menu bar.
The intention is that you will remain signed all day unless you actively sign out.
Access to services is the first function that will be delivered by the replacement for MUSE. Ongoing developments will include:
- The ability to customise the My Services menu to meet your individual needs
- Student profile pages in which students see a dashboard of their information including timetables, library loans and personal details.
- Targeted news channels in which you can fine tune which information you would like to view. Over time this will significantly reduce the number of broadcast emails received.